All information regarding Special Events can be found on this link:Special Events at City Parks webpage (Click here to view)
Contact Jamie Simerly at (865) 215-1733 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
SPECIAL EVENTS POLICY
A special event can be a wide range of events that include, but are not limited to, runs/walks, weddings, large group outings, community events, etc.
The City determines insurance requirements based on the type of event and risk. As a general rule, insurance coverage will be required if the event charges a fee and/or the event involves risks for the City of Knoxville.
Specific examples of special event types, pricing, and details are below:
Run/Walk - $100 ($50 per hour additional if over 4 hours)
• Staff assistance (if needed)
• Insurance coverage naming City of Knoxville as additionally insured required (most likely will need $1,000,000 per occurrence / $2,000,000 aggregate)
• Park amenities (shelter, concessions area, restrooms) included if available and if applicable - please send days/times/plans to Aaron Browning ASAP.
• May have vendors during event (additional $50 per vendor)
• Detailed summary of event shall be provided prior to event
Community Events – typically no charge if free to register/participate
• Examples – Easter egg hunt, kite flying, neighborhood picnic, etc.
CONTACT US TO DISCUSS YOUR SPECIAL EVENT
Please contact Knoxville Parks & Recreation at (865) 215-1733 to discuss your special event idea, locations, and review rules and regulations so you can have a great event in one of the parks.
Failure to provide proper event description and requirements will result in the immediate end to the rental, additional fees, or a fine. Permits must be granted for outdoor weddings, runs/walks, outdoor fitness classes, etc.
CITY OF KNOXVILLE’S OFFICE OF SPECIAL EVENTS
If interested in hosting a cultural event, festival, or an event at Market Square, World’s Fair Park, Krutch Park, or Chilhowee Park please contact City of Knoxville Special Events at 865-215-4248, email@example.com, or www.knoxvilletn.gov/events. Event requests may be forwarded to the Office of Special Events if outside the general scope of Parks & Recreation special events.